So chatting with a male colleague on Monday afternoon, I found out he is getting married *this* Friday. As I drove home I mentally cast my mind over colour schemes and images that I had handy, and then spent about half an hour assembling materials before I started. This was an interesting challenge – I think it is the first time I have made a card for a male where I have known nothing about the female involved, not even her name.
This is what I ended up with:
I used some Graphic 45 papers, left over from when I made my Great Gatsby mixed media piece. I trimmed around the clothing, the couple, and the text remnant, and then edged in Vintage Photo distress ink. These were then layered on stripped paper which had been distressed and edged with Vintage Photo, and then layered onto kraft cardstock (also edged with ink).
Two white flowers added to the top left, with a bronze pearl added to the centre of each. A Prima wooden heart has been stained with Cosmic Copper brilliance ink then fastened to the front.
I don’t have a scan of the inside, but I used my EK Success Slimline Edger punch in lattice – I only have two border punches and this is the non lacey one! It is no longer sold by EK success so I can’t link to it but it is a double diamond pattern. I edged it in ink, then stamped my Happy Wedding Day stamp (PSX).
The envelope was edged in ink, and had a flower with a bronze pearl as on the card.
Everyone in the team signed it (Mel said I ‘nailed it! hehe), and we gave it to him today as a surprise. Given I didn’t know about the wedding until 3 hours before I made it, I was really happy with how it turned out.