I created this for the August 2014 Craft stamper ‘Take it, make it‘, it is the first time I have entered anything like this and I enjoyed the opportunity to play around and challenge myself. NOTE: sadly I missed out uploading this by the cut off (I blame the International Date Line), but I still had a lot of fun making it.
I have created Curiosities based on the following articles:
- the Paper Bocking style as shown in the ‘Pretty in Pink’ article by Jean Hardy, August 2014, p10; and
- making my own embellishments from silicon moulds, as shown in ‘Hearts and Flowers’ article by Trish Latimer, January 2014, p30.
I really loved the concept of paper blocking, and it meant I dared to use those papers I love so much I keep ‘saving’ them for something special. Now I have used them but still get to keep them. However instead of using a pencil to outline the papers, I used my sponging block to swipe aged mahogony ink around each piece to give definition. It seemed to really pick up the creams and burgundies in the papers. The Gold leave Rub n Buff is also randomly on the canvas, and also on the embelishments I made using paperclay. I added a little more texture around the edges with my Ageing Block from Lucy’s Stamps (sadly no longer in business)
- Graphic 45: Old Curiosity shop papers from (discontinued)
- Lucy’s stamps: Ageing block (discontinued but awesome)
- canvas board
- Distress Paint: Antiqued Bronze
- Distress Stain: Aged Mahogny
- Distress Ink: Aged Mahogany
- Stamp in style: Stylish Sponging Block
- Krafty Lady Silicon moulds: AM111 – Maysie’s key, AM161 – Medieval Keyhole
- Delight paperclay (white)
- Rub n buff: gold leaf
- japanese paper wire (black with gold thread)
- small glass bottle
Note: First time commenters need to have the comment approved. Free posting after that.